Prattle  

Posted by Stan Harrington

I just want everyone to remember that you heard it here first, just a couple of days ago, SPRING is here and no more snow plowing. Will have to push some slush around but the snow season is history. What a beautiful day it is, not a cloud in the sky, sun is shining brightly and it is even warm. The great thing is that it is turning daylight at 5:30 a.m. and ending at 8:30 p.m. - love it! Unlike JD who enjoys laying in the middle of the living room floor and flipping coffee beans in the air and catching them in his mouth, I took my coffee in a liquid form on the deck this morning! The first time that I have been able to enjoy a good cup of coffee while sitting outside without first putting on my "long handles", carharts and parka since this past September. Now if the "little lady" would just shovel out the storage shed door so she could get to the deck chairs, hate sitting on the steps or hot tub cover. Going to miss watching her shovel the decks, it was always so entertaining, but soon it will be time for her to start mowing the lawns. I always enjoy that from under the protection of my favorite shade tree - especially when she runs over one of toys that belong to Dutch, she can develop "potty mouth" when the occasion arises! Prior to the mowing season, hopefully she will find the time to de-decorate the Christmas trees in the yard, coil up a half mile of extension cords, and find our "blow" up Santa who deflated and seems to have disappeared under the snow. As a word of caution to all who plan to visit this "spring", she made a comment that this coming Memorial Day weekend would be a great time to paint the house since all the kids will be here to help. She figured out that if she has to do it herself, it will take a week to ten days to complete the project, if I help her by moving the ladder for her! I did not say anything but I do not see how she can expect me to help paint the house and still have time to go fishing. I have a lot of priorities this spring already without taking on the responsibility of moving a ladder. With guests arriving in the "Hole in the Wall", it is going to take some time to rig all of the little surprises that will await them! Time sure goes by fast when you are blogging, I just noticed that it is almost time for my noon nap and I have not had my snack yet. Got to go!

This entry was posted on March 22, 2006 at Wednesday, March 22, 2006 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

4 comments

Retirement is obviously effecting your memory...us paint??? are you crazy??? seems to me in my memories "painting the deck" consisted of hours of loud fights...paint all over everything BUT the deck...and dad and mom severly pissed off by the end of the day...but hey it's your house and we would help out if you told us too.........but you had better plastic off all those windows...

3/22/06, 11:48 AM

You go on and try to suprise us, we have some idea's of our own.

Quit blogging and do some chores, I can't keep up with you. :)

3/22/06, 7:24 PM

As a heads up to "Homer". I know he needs a little advance warning when it comes to doing things, but on Friday, the movie "Health Inspector" is coming to your local theatre. Why would he be intrested, his "greatest" hero will be starring in his movie debute, Larry the Cable Guy! I guess it is real funny, he has bene making the rounds of all the talk shows the past few days, he is as funny in an interview as when he is acting. Have not seen him in anything except his sleeveless shirt - "Git'er Done"

3/22/06, 9:53 PM

Thanks pop maybe I can con a "date" out of my husband now.....

3/23/06, 6:27 AM

Post a Comment