Evening Edition  

Posted by Stan Harrington

Your grandmother is resting in the hospital overnight, just so they can keep an eye on her. She was diagnosed with a slight case of pneumonia, her oxygen intake was down about 5%, she was pretty uncomfortable all night. Jack called us this morning at about 7:00 a.m. asking us to come in and take her to the emergency room. Terry spent most of the day with her and doing some phone call errands for her. Dean and Cindy are on their way down, it was a scheduled trip as Dean will be performing in Kenai tonight and again tomorrow night before he comes into Homer to perform on Sunday. Will keep you posted.

The deck has been laid on the construction project as well as the starboard and port bulkheads. Had a beautiful day to work outside today, even had to stripe down to just my shirt by mid afternoon. Like the majority of my projects, I under estimated the amount of lumber that I needed, so I guess I will be going back to the lumber yard - again. Can you spell cost overrun? With my bad legs and not being able to carry a lot, Dutch and Goldie helped out by carrying wood for me, of course it was the small ends that I had cut off and all they wanted to do was play! Talk about poor work ethics.

Surprised to see a new Blogger last evening, read his posting today pertaining to the crappy problem they had at work, being related to Sir John Harrington, I was able to offer some helpful advice as to how they could clean out their sewer. He is a pretty good writer, injects a little humor and very graphic. Must get it after me, I always try to interject a little humor, but most often it is taken wrong.

Got some new neighbors into the neighborhood last night, they sure are loud, have a couple of kids. Could here them playing outside last night so I yelled at them! Promptly got a telephone call from the mother wondering why I was yelling at her kids! Her voice sounded very familiar! Anytime, I am expecting to see Butch wandering through the trees and snow on his way to visit us. It did sound awful good to hear their screaming little voices filtering through the trees, knowing that they were our grandchildren and living close by. Sure would enjoy hearing more of those little voices- but May will soon be here.

Has anyone come up with any other ideas concerning a Blog name for your mother? The time frame is drawing very close! If plans do not change due to circumstances beyond our control, we should be coming north the first couple days of next week - can you spell new computer? That is if all goes well and I find the machine that I want - it has to have at least 250 gb hard drive, CR/DVD/CDRW, 3.5 floppy, 3.5 Zip Drive for 250mb discs, and a 5.25 floppy drive - I have files on all of these types of discs that I need to access. You want to have some fun, go into a computer store and ask if they have any 5.25 floppy disc drives, either internal or external. Most of the computer nerds that work in those stores aren't even old enough to remember those old discs - it has not been that many years ago. I am one of the fortunate ones that still has a computer that will accept a 5.25 disc. Of course, I also have a whole big box of 8 track tapes and player. It will be no surprise to you to know that I also have a box full of beta tapes and a beta VCR! So, what if I still have 10.6 miles of super eight film, but I have the projector that will still show them. On this trip to Anchorage, we also hope to get a color t.v., I guess they have pretty well got that concept figured out and you can actually see the t.v. shows in living color.

Anxious to get a chance to come to Anchorage and go shopping with your mother at Walmart. I hate shopping, but I find things to do to occupy my time. I would guess they are all the same, but the store on Diamond and Old Seward has a McDonalds right in the store, out front there is a bench with a life size Ronald sitting there. I always enjoy sitting on the bench with my arm around Ronnie and my head on his shoulder. People sure look at you funny. Another favorite trick is to go over to the grocery isle, get a small bottle of catch-up and then go to the tool section of the store where they have all those big saws, when no one is looking, spread a little catch-up on the floor, start a saw, fall to the floor and start screaming. You can also have fun in the women's section of the store, you know how crowded those clothes racks are? Well you can hide inside one of those and you can't be seen, wait patiently until some lady comes along and starts browsing through all the clothes,then whisper "pick me, pick me, pick me! One of my favorite past times is to go into the dressing room, wait a few minutes and holler out, "hey you are out of toilet paper in here" and when all that fails to amuse me, I go to the electronic department and ask those "experts" if they have a vcr in the beta format - it usually takes at least an hour and a teleconference between all the employees to come up with their stock answer, "we are out of those right now but we expect a shipment next week". By the time I have made my rounds, your mother is halfway finished with her shopping, but that is o.k., because it is going to take me at least an hour to find her in that store. Have a good evening.

This entry was posted on April 7, 2006 at Friday, April 07, 2006 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

2 comments

If life could be as easy as the Commodore 64, we wouldn't be bloggers.

4/8/06, 5:46 AM

I posted more names for mom...in that last post about her....

4/9/06, 11:00 AM

Post a Comment