Quartus Decimus  

Posted by Stan Harrington


Trivia answers are getting better, however, we are still having a hard time in getting the correct dates, I realize that the 60's and 70's were several years ago - but not really that far back. Heidi, was the first to respond, she did fair. The picture is of Terry and I in front of the White House in D.C. but she had us childless. Shana remembered the picture was taken when Terry and I went to D.C. and guessed close to the correct year, but did not say where the picture was taken. So, I guess there are no winners again! Now, I believe I have been very fair in this decision! The year was 1973, the first week of August. I had been selected as Navy Recruiter of the year and was sent back to Washington D.C. to meet all the admirals and to show off! They treated us grand, limo service every place we went including the White House. But due to the Vietnam protests, we did have to travel in civilian clothes some of the places that we went, which included the White House.
The only problem was that Terry had just had baby Heidi three weeks prior to our departure. When this word reached Washington D.C., she was babied so much by the Admirals and top executive wives. But we had to do something with you guys, your grandmother Harrington volunteered to baby sit. The above picture is the day we left you with her, in the picture of course is Shane, Shana, and baby Heidi, your grandfather and in the background is your Great Uncle and Aunt, Jim and Irene. Heidi was three weeks old, we left you there for two weeks! Following that, I often wondered why we ever returned and picked all of you up!

This entry was posted on April 2, 2006 at Sunday, April 02, 2006 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

9 comments

i should have know that....silly me. Look how cute i am.

4/2/06, 4:18 PM

#1 is my dad...you.
#2 is Grandpa Vern
#3 is Uncle Tad and Grandpa Vern.

4/2/06, 4:19 PM

oops that first comment should have gone to that last post....oops

4/2/06, 4:20 PM

Hmm thats wierd it did go the other site and this one....

PS- get rid of my silly picture please.

4/2/06, 4:21 PM

Hey are these pictures taken during a movie shoot????

4/2/06, 4:22 PM

What is up with you comments???? HUH? whay is my answer here and not there....someones screwing around.

4/2/06, 8:31 PM

Hey look you fixed my picture. Thanks Dad

4/2/06, 10:27 PM

well let see...I will protest the last trivia...any moron would have figured out that it was out side the White House...as for not returning to get us...you were dumn....knowing what I know now...I would have ran off for the border if I were you and mom...guess it is a good thing you did not know what the future held...and you still thought we were all cute

4/3/06, 5:35 AM

I repeat myself from a very earlier posting of comments - protests are not allowed, all entries are considered on a unbiased basis - my blog site is not a demorcracy! If you take a test in school with three questions and you only answer two of them, is the third question wrong if you did not answer it?

4/3/06, 10:04 AM

Post a Comment