Evening News  

Posted by Stan Harrington

2245 (AP News)
I am assuming that everyone in Anchorage has been out playing in the sun over the last couple of days or perhaps laying on the couch, enjoying the sun and eating bon bon's! I make this remark after visiting all of my "favorite" blog sites - wow, it is a ghost town out in cyberspace. I may be verbose, but at least I keep you entertained on the regular basis!

Heath hit the inlet for the first time today, we had fresh King Salmon and Halibut for Terry's Birthday dinner. They brought in a couple of small halibut and one King but lost several others, he still insists trolling with his fly rod! One day, he will hook that new world record King and loose it because he likes that flyrod! But, surprisingly, the salmon was very good and coming from me that is a very high compliment.

Ran into a little problem on the "multi-purpose" building, nothing that cannot be fixed after I remove all the work that I did today, oh well it was a very nice day to work outside.

Got a nice email with pictures attached from Donnie today. It was good to hear from him and all is going well with them. The pictures that he sent was of Cliff, Dort and I when I was out in January. I printed one of them to show Terry, she looked at it for the longest time, had kind of blank look stare and "my god, I was trying to figure out how you got a current picture of you and your mother"! As soon as I get my "scanner" working, I am about to throw the entire process in the garbage, I will scan it into one of my blogs. Donnie has visited the blog sites, he had never seen that picture that I put on the blog a week or so ago with all of you as little "tinkies and dinkies". I almost had a heart attack last night, nothing to serious, but it scared me! I answered the phone and the voice on the other end was so familiar, his first words was "How is it going?" and then he continued talking. It took me a good three or four minutes before I started breathing again when I recognize the voice of Shane. He sounded so much like Don, whenever he would call, he would always start out "How's it going bro". It got my attention.

Not much happening around town, the latest crime, which I really do not view it as a crime, but our little neighbor that lives on the bluff overlooking the Slide Hole that has all the goats. You have seen him around town walking his goats or they ride in the back of his truck with their heads inside the rear window. He has about a half dozen of them and they are harmless. He was out walking his goats yesterday and was in the parking lot at the Anchor River Inn grocery store. A couple of the local hoodlums decided it would be cute if they turned some brodies in front of him to scare his goats. Well, Howard is quick to temper, especially if someone is messing with his goats, he picked up a large rock and put it right through their windshield! I can't wait to see the police blotter this week in the Homer Gazette. The legal question is, were the goats civil rights being violated or was the owner of the goats protecting his personal property or were the hoodlums guilty of wreckless driving or was the owner of the goats guilty of assault with a deadly weapon or were the hoodlums guilty of assault with a motor vehicle and cruelty to animals. I can foresee some very serious legal questions rising from this incident. Not that I really like goats or event sheep, but I am going to root in favor of the goats in this case! It could only happen in Anchor Point!

Well, you have the "hot flash" from Anchor Point for this day, I will now go back to my "tinkering" to see if my scanner and digital camera is compatible to this new system. I did finally figure out my e-mail, had to call ACS just to find our how to get the Send / Receive button to show. There has been a lot of changes over the years, I was just getting use to my Windows 94!

This entry was posted on April 18, 2006 at Tuesday, April 18, 2006 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

2 comments

Poor Goats...i hope they win!!!

4/19/06, 9:11 AM

WOW Shane's out of hibernation...did you ask him why he NEVER returns any phone calls..??? Only in Anchor Point can a grocery store be robbed in front of the owners and goats assulted in the same parking lot a week later...could be a connection...maybe the goats are in on it...and the dudes in the truck are afraid they will "wag their tongues".

4/20/06, 10:08 PM

Post a Comment