Take A Break  

Posted by Stan Harrington

Hoping that all of you had a good Easter, we were up and around for the annual visit of the bunny at 6:30 a.m. Heather was the first one up and had most of the eggs spotted before Hunter showed his little face, it takes him a little time to wake up and then only after his first cup of "warm hot coco". Went into town and picked up your grand parents for dinner, of course had to stay long enough to see the new TV hooked up. It is a very nice plasma 42" screen that even rotates by the remote control. Your grandfather can see the images on it but cannot see the smaller details but much better than he had before. Heath, Erica, and kids also had dinner with us. Shane called later this evening to check in, he went over to the in-laws for dinner and had to set through 4 hours of videos of the Italy trip. He said the travel pictures were good but having to set through all videos on the concerts that they did got very old.
Still working on my new system, early this morning I loaded my scanner, printer, and camera. It would not accept the camera unless I downloaded an update from HP, which I did. To date, I have about four hours invested in trying to get the camera to load and still can't get the computer to locate it. So, I decided to let it rest and go onto something else like sending you a posting with a picture, two hours later and I still can't get the computer to recognize that a scanner is installed! So you, get no picture, yet! Other than all of that, I like the new system, it even looks like Microsoft Office 2003 is going to be better than my old 2000 - but I will wait on that decision until I see if the computer changes it mind and does not recognize that either. My internet is still not right, but it does connect and always at the top speed that you can expect from a dial up server. Where is the "tinker the dinker" when you need one? Sure will be glad to get it all done so I can have my office back in shape, right now it has pieces of computer equipment scattered all over the place - hardly enough room in here for my good buddy, Dutch but he can still curl up in his little alcove surrounded by shotguns, I think it makes him feel secure. Might be a while before you here from Erica, she is still trying to get her computer hooked up as well. But, you have to see their new dog! Just a pup but a cross between a basset hound and black lab, he is got this long body and short little legs but the head and color of a lab. He appears to be a pretty smart little dog, he is already retrieving a ball and seems to be aggressive to learn. Well, once again I have been verbose and exceeded the normal limits of an acceptable length posting - but I have to much wisdom to share with one and all!

This entry was posted on April 16, 2006 at Sunday, April 16, 2006 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

1 comments

I wish i could Tinker with a new computer... Glad to hear everyone had a great Easter. Wish we could have been there.

ps - I read more then five lines ...even if JD doesn't!

4/17/06, 8:01 AM

Post a Comment