Weekly Review  

Posted by Stan Harrington

Another week has silently slipped past, bringing us ever closer to "fun under the midnight sun". As normal, I always enjoy reviewing the past week to see what has been in the thoughts of those who post. It would appear that Brittany has no thoughts, Donny got a good start and then somehow got distracted by a game of football in the street. I thought, I had taught my children to never play in the street! It would appear that the "hot" topics this week revolved around toilets and the various functions that take place in these little rooms of solitude. When the evolution of spring, "fish" also seemed to dominate one particular site with some spectacular but strange looking creatures coming from the briny deep. After I had exhausted two worthless guesses, I finally figured out one of the two species posted in this trivia contest. It was only, after I had noticed the name of the photographer and entered his name into the internet, he is a well established photographer of marine life. So, I guess this past week was the week of poop and fish!
Enjoyed a great concert with Dean and the professor of voice from the U of A, both of them did very well and even performed an old English song titled "Trout". According to the pianist they inserted the song into the program just for me. She was of Japanese origin and had a beautiful voice, her series of songs were done in French, German, and English. Dean played two solo's which were very good. Following, I discovered why they serve strawberries with champagne! The taste of a strawberry followed by a sip of champagne almost makes the champagne tolerable! It does add a entire different taste to the champagne, should give it a try.
Mary is still in the hospital, we checked on her before we came home last night, still showing signs on her x-rays but typical of her, she is feeling better and needs to get out! Terry and Jack will be seeing her this morning after the doctor visits her to see if they will let her go home.
We will be coming to Anchorage on Tuesday, dependent on the condition of Mary. We do not want to leave Jack since he no longer drives and make him dependent on someone else to drive him to town. Our load is getting larger and I foresee a U-haul truck in the forecast, one 42" inch plasma t.v., t.v. stand and a computer system and that is before your mother even goes to Walmart!
My hands are feeling much better, the weather looks like it is going to be clear and warm today so I will return back to my construction project, now that I have to use a hand saw, it will take a little longer but I will keep "plugging" away, but staying away from electrical plugs!
The "dogs" are ready to play, your mother is jogging around the house, the sun is out so I had best go get started on the the "project" or all of you will be tip toeing to the woods or up the hill again this year.

This entry was posted on April 10, 2006 at Monday, April 10, 2006 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

1 comments

Poop n' fish are very good subjects this time of year. We find poop from the winter dog trails in the yard, and a brown colored tea forms in the big puddle of melting snow until the ground thaws enough to absorb it - poop soup. So, did you really burn your hands by electric? And why do you need to use a hand saw? All the fingers there? Shana talks about a lot of things. I MIGHT absorb 50% - guessing the other 50% is jibber-jabber. See ya this week.

4/10/06, 5:16 PM

Post a Comment