Weekly Prattling  

Posted by Stan Harrington

Do not know why, but I feel I am behind today, did you ever get that feeling that you have lost an hour in your schedule and cannot get caught up. Why do they have to have the first day of the month occur on a weekend - that really messes up a normal work week!
In review of this week, I am still looking for my "dog", he has yet to appear on my Blog site as of 3.5 minutes ago - really miss seeing his smiling face! After cruising the various blog site comment sections, I could not help but notice a lot of accusations are being pointed at me for "dinkering"! Trust me, I do not "dinker" or "tinker", even on my own site. If I were to do something like that, my whole site would disappear, not just my "dog". Sure wish him, wish some little fairy would restore him! If I was as good at "dinkering" as I am being credited for, I then could perhaps find out how to leave comments on the "moose clan" site! I have pushed every button I can find on the site, even those that do not look like buttons! Although, evidently while pushing buttons last night, I left my system on and went to sleep. Woke up this morning to find 231 pictures of a bunch of little girls dressed up in cheerleading outfits! If you know any parents that need a printed picture, they are on sale at thirty nine cents a piece or "free" with the purchase of a box of cookies!
Let's see, what else have I learned this week! Shana gets up very early in the morning, she is always the first to post - this next week it is my goal to beat her on the posting time. Did have a great time with our little visitor yesterday, looking forward to this summer and watching this "new" line of little ones being together. For some reason, I can picture Melissa and Butch having a great time together! We have such a wide spread of ages, from teenagers to infants!
As for the breaking news that I eluded to yesterday, totally surprised but your mother came into the office and said when we update our computer systems so she once again has her own dedicated system, she would like to have a blog site. This comment serves as a triple purpose, (1)She will be able to keep track of all of you without me having to print everything out for her to read, (2) It will give me the excuse I need to get a new system (3) It will prove my innocence into the "dinkering" that has been going on! Here is the plan, she has a birthday coming up on 4/18 in the event any of you had forgotten. I will hopefully upgrade to a new system on this trip to Anchorage and transfer all my files to the new system. I will then take this system, which is still o.k. and convert it over for her use. Now this is where you guys have to help. For her birthday present, you guys need to come up with a Blog Site name for her and design a site that she can work with easily. Keep in mind, that she will only enjoy it if it is simple and easy to move around on. We can post the site, everyone can make initial comments and on her "birthday morning", I will bring it on line for her. This should pretty much dispel any thoughts or rumors that I am more computer literate than I actually am or I would design the site! Heidi, I really do like my site, it is simple and easy to get around on so something similar to this one that you designed for me would be good! As for a Blog Site name, everyone can submit names and then we will take a vote on them, I will track those for the next week and post a ballet.
In closing, if anyone should happen to see my good "dog" Dutch, would you send him home, I really do miss him and I hate skunks - had one spray me once when I was a little boy and I have never got over the trauma.
P.S. Every once in a while you can score big. Been fighting our printers in the video stores for the past three years - dot matrix printers are hard to find. The old printer at the A.P. store was so bad, the girls could not even read the invoices. I have been looking for a replacement for the past several months. Decided to try Salvation Army yesterday, they had one, a Okidata and it looked relatively new. I purchased it, took it to the store, plug it in and it even work, did not even have to load the drivers, it was compatible and works like a charm - total cost $7.50! I was so elated that I went to the Okidata web page, the printer sells for the best part of $400.00! So the moral to the story, be patient and good things will happen - perhaps my dog will re-appear today!

This entry was posted on April 2, 2006 at Sunday, April 02, 2006 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

6 comments

If you are trying to leave comments o the clan site-good luck. I have not changed the blog skin, I will here soon then you can post comments. You can leave comments on Simple thoughts for now.
If you are the grand Pooppa then she would be the grand Pooppessa. her site should be called

Understated Simplicity

4/2/06, 4:10 PM

I think that is what I am trying to say...Hyperbole stands for excess which would deffinately be the opposite of Mom. Also since you are asking ofr something simple. SIMPLISTIC

4/2/06, 4:13 PM

I love the idea of mom having a site...but i can't keep up with you and Shana...."I want my Dog Back"..."I want a new Political site"....and i am expected to read your posts daily... not one, but THREE posts...how do you ever do it?

Mom should be.... "Find something better to do with your time" or "...and This is how YOU spend your time"

okay i will have to think on this one.

4/2/06, 4:17 PM

Pooppessa in Hebrew means "one that pee's in their pants", In Latin, it means "one who poops and pees in their pants" in the same dialects "Poopa" means "one who poops alot" - that is why I changed the spelling to Poopah which means "Godly" in Latin and "King" in Hebrew

4/2/06, 7:14 PM

Mom and a Blog...she will love it and any dinners she wa still making you will be no more...what ever will we all do without our computers Memorial Weekend...I think since mom is the only sane one in the bunch of us whe needs a Title that is more on the lines of the "controller"...as the " first Lady" She has big responsibilities...and works hard to keep her clans from mortal combat...
Something Strong and In Charge sounding.....hmmmm

4/3/06, 5:43 AM

What about these???


Minuscule Musings

Tidy Tidings

Not Your Everyday Grandma

Red Headed Grandma With An Attitude

Take A Walk With Me

Wandering Wonders

Jabbering

Beach Walk

4/3/06, 9:11 AM

Post a Comment