Summer  

Posted by Stan Harrington

Everyone I talk to or read from their blogs, they continue to look for the signs of spring. In reality, you should be looking at the first signs of summer. We have passed through the three days of spring and now moving into the summer season. I know this because, today the first tomato plants went into the ground.
No progress to report in regards to the shrine out back. Today was devoted to planning and the acquisition of needed building supplies. However, while shopping the appropriate name came into my thoughts as to the appropriate name for this fine building. Being honest, I do have to admit that Terry came up with the name and it is perfect! After the trip to a lumber store, I am not happy to report that the project has now exceeded the cost estimate and moving rapidly into the "cost overrun" category. This is concerning in the fact that the only thing that has been accomplished is the laying of the "keel"

None of the above is the issue that I wanted to address, just seemed like a good place to insert my howlings. Secrets are sometimes exposed to you when you least expect them or in the strangest places and circumstances. This was the case today when a "secret" was exposed to me. A secret that I can't share with you at this moment since I am sworn into secrecy, an oath that I take as sacred. I have a secret and you don't know what it is!

This entry was posted on April 6, 2006 at Thursday, April 06, 2006 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

5 comments

I am so glad you have finaly found something to feel special about...I am sure your "secret" will come forth in due time...and that keel...well is it gonna have 1 stall or 2...his and hers...or segragation...maybe to make it fair you should enlarge it to one for each clan...then we have to clean our own bathrooms....

4/6/06, 6:16 PM

I got a secret...too!

Whats the name for the outhouse? and do you need donations for materials? or a you charging $$ for each poo?

4/6/06, 7:45 PM

Not going to tell no secrets! The little shrine out back will be a two seater, one seat adjusted for the "little people" and a elevated seat for those folks with longer legs! No, we are a non-profit organization therefore we are prohibited from accepting donations for construction, however, considering a minimal charge, adults will be admitted free but $1.39 for each time anyone under 21 utilizes the facility. Kids always get into things free, thought it was time that they learn that everything in life is not free, even going to the bathroom. I also thought this was a demorcratic way to do things, I heard one family was going to have five children, two grandchildren, prospective daughter in law and several friends of the children. This way, the largest user group pays their fair share compared to a family where their are no children.

4/6/06, 8:32 PM

lol man my kids better learn to use the bushes....thanks pops...I never get in free anymore...i so llike that idea...bet it saves on TP toooo.

4/7/06, 5:57 AM

LOL...my kids won't pay you...they will just hike up the hill and ask the lady of the house if they can poop there.
I do, though, appericiate, the "dult get in free" idea. Nothing worse then hiking up a cliff with something in the shoot.

4/7/06, 8:31 AM

Post a Comment