"A Good Day"  

Posted by Stan Harrington

Woke up this morning to see those little white flakes floating down to earth, it first appeared as though we would see a real snow storm, but after a couple of hours, it cleared off and we enjoyed a beautiful day of sunshine. Dutch and I spent the entire day outside, working on the multi-purpose building. Terry did join us in the afternoon and replaced some of the rock pillars on our lawn fence that the "snowplow driver" backed into over the winter. I will never have that guy plow my driveway again! I was real happy to see her replace them as I thought I was going to have to do it! However, I did support her with advice as to how to do it properly.

I do not know if anyone of you watch the Discovery Channel, I seldom do but Heath stopped by tonight to have dinner with us. He had just recently watched this channel and wanted to know if I knew the last name of the guy that invented the toilet? He had not seen the blog postings that were recently published so he had no idea of our history and that he was actually related to Sir John Robert Harrington. The program on the Discovery Channel was about the history of the toilet. From what he told me, their historical data pretty much followed the same outline as that which I divulged to you in my postings.

Progress on the "multi-purpose" building is nearing completion, at least further along than it was thirty days ago. I had to file an extension with the Kenai Peninsula Borough on my building permit. I failed to complete it on schedule but that is all right since I have also been running a "cost over run" since the keel was laid. However, the interior should be finished tomorrow with the exception of the paneling. Currently the projected completion date is this Wednesday dependent upon weather for painting. Although, I had nothing to do with it, but it has been decided by the decorator in the family that it should be painted bright colors in a spectrum of a rainbow? My personal choice would have been chartreuse and flame.

I missed the Anchor River Ice pool by one minute, it is now flowing free and for the first time in years, there were no ice jams. I was hoping to see a couple of them develop, just to carve out the bottom and give the fish a little better holding area. It is very fishable right now, especially at the forks so maybe I will sneak down in the next day of so and drift a few eggs, just to see if any King Salmon arrived. Strictly a biological data collection process, not for the enjoyment or desire to fish.

Heath was able to drive into the "Hole in The Wall" with the four wheeler, on his way out he ran down the barrow ditch with two tires and it did help drain some of the water out of the lake. I can now see the bottom of camper on legs! We now have less than a month before all of you arrive for the "big" weekend, I have so much to get done before then. Some many preparations to make, so little time! It is so difficult being the activity chairman, I must find someone that I can delegate this responsibility to. I told the wild man that we would once again take all of his slabs for the fire pit. He assured me that he would leave a lot of bark on the outside edge. We should be able to get all of it cut up the week that "Homer" and
"Marge" of here prior to the Memorial Day weekend. We need a good supply of legal firewood, don't want no one getting "shot" this year over a stick of wood!

This entry was posted on April 28, 2006 at Friday, April 28, 2006 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

6 comments

Hey Homers extra hole in his head is hardly noticable...I hear Shane is still haveing issues with his sight...but had Eric not taken the brunt of the bullett shane would not have an eye...so lets pleasse put up "legal fire wood"...in fact if I have room I have plenty of it in my back yard...still need the splitter but other than the log upside someones head I think we had few injuries with that particular piece of equipment...and most of you sure had fun seeing who could "split" the biggest log......

4/28/06, 9:34 PM

I know that now, it only cost me $139.59 to have it repaired after they had their competition!

4/28/06, 9:37 PM

Yes no guns form the wild man and no sendin all the little girls up the road to steal fire wood.

Thanks for taking care of the lake. I was getting worried that soon I would have a boat. Do you think my door stayed shut all winter?

I vote for chartreuse and flame.

4/28/06, 10:17 PM

it is suiting that you would watch a show about the history of toilets. That is since you are so full of ...

its late and thats as far as i got for tonight i will read the rest tomorrow

good day mr praddle

4/28/06, 10:29 PM

You know, I really do not know if Bobby shut the door on your camper when he moved out two weeks ago or not. He did pretty well in there this winter, it must really be insulated good. He always payed his rent on time and I am sure he left it as clean as he found it, his two dogs, cat and pet sheep seemed pretty clean. Nice guy and when he left he said he would like torent it again next year. I will check to make sure he shut the door.

4/29/06, 12:13 AM

Thanks dad... I still have not seeen any money for that. Bobby told me he paid you.

4/29/06, 10:26 PM

Post a Comment