Movie Flash  

Posted by Stan Harrington

I do not know if any of you have access to Turner Classic Movie (TCM) on your cable or whatever you have, but it is on our satellite, I watch it on a regular basis. Tonight, at 6 p.m. (AKDT) they will air a movie by the name of "Tribute To A Badman" starring James Cagney and filmed in 1956. This was the second movie that dad played a "walk-in" role and provided the horses for the movie. The big Palimino horse that James Cagney is riding in this movie was dad's personal horse that he thought more than any horse that he ever rode. His name was "Pal" and I have several pictures of them together. The movie was filmed entirely in Montrose, if you can remember the big flat top abode hill on the northside of town, it shows up in this movie several times. The long distance shots of "Flat Top" was most likely shot from our yard judging on the position and distance. It is an "old" western, but very authentic and worth viewing on it's own merit.

This entry was posted on April 8, 2006 at Saturday, April 08, 2006 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

5 comments

ya know in todays times...Grandpa would qualify for Royalties when these movies come out....should we sue for roalties...that chick from africa is sueing Paul Revere and the Raiders for using a song her father supposedly wrote...The Lion Sleeps Tonight.

4/8/06, 3:06 PM

I need to find a copy of of this move, not cable here.

4/8/06, 7:07 PM

tv is on...eric is watching the movie

4/8/06, 7:34 PM

damn, I missed it

4/9/06, 1:33 AM

ooops eric went out to play foot ball...I needed Elmo to babysit...so I had to turn the movie off...I would like to get it on video too...then I can "fast forward it" to my favorite parts...those are the ones with all the pretty horses......

4/9/06, 7:53 AM

Post a Comment