Evening News Edition  

Posted by Stan Harrington

2310 (A.P. News)
Another beautiful day in Anchor Point, spent most of the day outside working on the multi-purpose building. Once again, I had a good helper, although he is a touch lazy I think he has an aptitude for carpentry. At least, he lays under the chop saw while I am cutting boards with sawdust flying all over him. He does interrupt my work on occasion when he thinks it is time to play ball or retrieve the dummy. But, we kept out of your mother's way while she was in her "spring" cleaning mood. Would you believe to the point that she was out on the roof of the house cleaning the second level windows. The last time I ever remember her being on the roof was when she went to clean the chimney at the Homer house, got scared to get off the roof and screamed for help from you guys, but you were all in the house and did not hear her! So at least it appears that she has cured her "roof" phobia!

Work on the multi-purpose building progressing well, finally got a new extension cord. Ready to install the skylights tomorrow and complete the overhead. So, by Sunday I should be ready to finish the plating on the hull. If I am following my blueprints correctly it should finished out at 3.33 x 6.0 cubits. Do you realize how difficult it is to find a tape measure that measures in cubits! I finally had to go to the "Lion and Lamb" bible store to find one. Just telling "Dutch" today, that if by chance it only serves as a multi-purpose building for a short while, it can always be easily converted over to a great, two story dog house or a smoke house.

Thought by now that our latest crime in Anchor Point would be solved, but evidently while I was gone, no one worked the case very hard. I guess they have three "people of interest" from the great robbery, but no suspects! If I were the chief investigator, I would be looking at those with very low I.Q.'s. Setting up the case, you have a liquor store that fronts on the main highway and within sight of the bar, hotel and residence of the owner. This liquor store has a front door and a back door. So the three burglars choose to break down the front door, enter the store, steal booze, Camel Light cigarettes, and packed off the entire safe! How do I know there were three of them, I failed to mention that an oil rig worker staying in the motel just happened to go out of his room to start his truck to go to work and saw three guys leaving the store at 4:00 a.m. in the morning. Reportedly, he did not think anything strange about that, perhaps they were maintenance people.

The Anchor River ice is still holding in place, although some water is flowing on top of the ice above the bridge. Currently, with this weather trend it would be projected that the ice will break and start jamming up on April 23rd at 7:12 p.m.

In closing, I apologize that I could not publish all of the A.P. News in five sentences or less so I do appreciate your indulgence in my verbose hyperbole prattle.

This entry was posted on April 14, 2006 at Friday, April 14, 2006 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

2 comments

Even though I'm not an avid reader, your posts hold my interest long enough to take in more than 5 lines.

4/15/06, 7:33 AM

How about an Anchor River ice classics...?

4/15/06, 10:02 AM

Post a Comment