Historical Prattle III  

Posted by Stan Harrington


Of all the pictures that I have of Dad with horses, this is one of three that I have of my mother with a horse. I do not know when the picture was taken, but looking at the background, I am assuming that it was prior to the migration from Nebraska to Colorado so it would be pre - 1944 and before I was born. She was a young woman, but I love those bib overalls, they must have been the fashion for ranch / farm girls back then just like Carharts are acceptable apparel today for women.

This entry was posted on April 10, 2006 at Monday, April 10, 2006 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

4 comments

WOW....I don't beleive i have ever seen a picture of her young. Grandma has always looked like grandma...What a beautiful woman.

4/10/06, 10:12 PM

Okay lets try this again...she beat me too the WOW.....beautiful woman...she sure looks alot like Aunt Dorthy and the Girls....Never thought of her as being young...guess we all start out that way.

4/11/06, 5:57 AM

Oh shut-UP!!!

4/11/06, 9:26 PM

and Donny ...you forgot Beautiful!

4/11/06, 9:26 PM

Post a Comment